To provide technical assistance to end users of the Learning Management System (LMS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First point of contact for user/client inquiries through the ticketing system, emails, and phone calls.
- Manage entities in the LMS (users, activities and resources, plugin configurations, calendar management, etc.) as per given instructions.
- Set–up and configure new courses in the LMS as per instructions and relevant requirements
- Monitoring of course elements as instructed.
- Create online course content using authoring tools as per instructions.
- Support online course content development and update course content on the LMS as instructed.
- Escalate technical bugs and other system issues from identification through resolution.
- Generate generic and custom reports from the LMS to inform the administrators and instructors on course usage.
- Maintain the integrity of all data on the LMS
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Distance Learning Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must be a citizen of Kenya
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Instructional Design or related area from a recognized university;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Ability to use web–based applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Client orientation
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter, a detailed CV (include two referees), academic certificates, a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th October 2021.
The subject of your email should read: INTERNSHIP – DL
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted