To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration, and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the COD from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality curriculum.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants.
- Contribute and participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counselling.
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as and when requested to do so.
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills.
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time.
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University–wide meetings with other staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Information Science or related field
- PhD Degree in Information Science or a relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience Public health at University level
- Should have published at least 2 peer reviewed articles in distinguished academic journals
- Experience in curriculum development and reviews
- Candidates who have attained Academic Rank of a Senior Lecturer have an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter, a detailed CV (include three referees), academic certificates, a clear copy of your
Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 24th January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The subject of your email should read: PART TIME – INFORMATON SCIENCE