School of Business & Public Management: Programs
KCA University graduates bring to the market key management, financial management and Information Technology skills that are a heritage of the university's commitment to continuously identify, develop and offer market relevant, market driven curriculum as a means of providing solutions to the community of Kenya and the region. Our various programs are offered at the impressive main campus along Thika road, the universitys town campus and KCA Kisumu.
Our success in competing for talent with other top-ranking universities is a mark of our world class standing. In turn, our faculty members enable us to create innovative programs for our world-class students. Furthermore, the University has staff and students from East and Central Africa, and the staff involved in research collaborate with peers all over the world. Come explore as we invite you to visit us at any time in person or through this site and explore the life of our University.
Additional Academic Programs
Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards (DipIFR)
The DipIFR is designed to develop your knowledge of IFRS. Itwill give you an understanding of the ideas and principles which underpin them and how they can be applied in the international marketplace. DipIFR also builds on your technical and practical knowledge from any recognized country –specific accountancy qualications or relevant work experience you may have.
Studying DipIFR will enable you to:
• Understand and explain the international regulatory framework of financial reporting
• Discuss and apply specified international accounting standards and IFRS to practical situations
• Prepare group financial statements including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures.
Eligible candidates should be any of the following:
• A professional accountant or auditor who works in practice or business and is a CPA Finalist, ACCA Finalist or CPA –K
• A business or finance degree holder working in a finance department.You will need to prove that you have three years’ relevant accounting experience by submitting a letter from your employer.
• A working in practice but not yet fully qualified (including ongoing CPA and ACCA students who are working). You will need to prove that you have three years’ relevant accounting experience by submitting a letter from your employer.
The classes will be conducted on Saturdays only from 8.00am –2.00pm at the KCA University’s Institute for Capacity DevelopmentTown Campus, Ecobank Towers 10th Floor.