Points of Pride
As the only known flagship university founded by a professional body, The
Institute of Certified Public Accountant(ICPAK), KCA University is the leader in higher education system in Accountancy, Finance and Technology.
Founded in 1989, we top the professional accounting exams and provide the country with over 40% of highly qualified accountants, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, and community outreach programs. KCAU is the first academic institution in Africa to secure funding from an international private equity firm- Emerging Capital Partners (ECP), to help us streamline our strategic plan.
We rank 2nd among the nation’s top private universities and top 100 in the Africa continent. Webometrics World Ranking of Universities, 2015
1. We top the professional accounting exams and provide the country
with over 40% of highly qualified accountants since 1989
2. Every 4 years one of our students gains millionaire statues
3. First Runners-Up ,Maktaba Awards- 2015, 2014
4. Our students employ-ability is at 90%
5. Diverse students body of over 11 nationalities
6. First and only student body that holds biometrics elections in Kenya
The future of KCA University as World Class Institution:
1. Unique and highly regarded academic and research programs.
2. Top quality faculty.
3. Top quality local regional and international partners.
4. Comprehensive resources available to support the enterprise.
5. A model of excellence in leadership from governance to management.
6. Highly engaged alumni and founders of the University.
7. High faculty to student ratio.
8. Attract top quality champions for its causes and mission.
9. KCA University degrees, diplomas and certificates will be sought after.
10. Quality of physical facilities will be world class.
11. KCA University Alumni, faculty and students will occupy position of influence and authority in key institutions nationally, regionally and internationally.
12. Upon graduation, the university graduate are distinct, they are strategic thinkers and problem solvers.
13. KCA University teaching methods, styles and other initiatives are copied by others.
14. KCAU graduates will make significant contribution on:
Leadership in public and private sectors
Management of any institution
Founders Day Gala dinner launched in August 2013
Founders’ Day is an annual event when the university honours exemplary contributions that have led to where it is today. As part of the celebration, KCA University launched an endowment fund to support scholarship. Currently, the university has a student financial aid program funded from internal resources. Since its incepton, the program has benefited over 1000 underprivileged but ambitious students and absorbs 120 new entrants annually. The spirit of the endowment fund is to make this initiative bigger and more sustainable. The proceeds from Founders Day event will go towards the scholarship endowment fund whose target for year 2013 is to increase support for students by 25% with the intention of continued annual growth.
Multicultural student population
We have a diverse population of students from 9 Learning countries
The E-learning platform/ Distance Learning
Our Distance Learning programme has attracted students from Afghanistan, Nigeria, Democratic
Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Botswana, Burundi, and Tanzania
Centre for Entrepreneurship and Leadership
The Centre for Entrepreneurship (CE) was established in September, 2009 and serves as a central resource for developing businesses. It is a dynamic entity that invites the participation of those who seek to develop their enterprises in new and innovative ways. It was created to enhance the management abilities of business leaders and the profitability of their firms while building new business relationships through an expanded network. The Centre for Entrepreneurship aims at creating leaders through entrepreneurial thinking. CE is recognized as a Centre for excellence at KCA University and works towards creating the right ecosystem for ideas to mature into successful ventures and fulfilling its mandate, CE has taken up many projects and initiatives to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Launch of 25 Under 25, July 16th, 2015
The 25 Under 25 are young Entrepreneurs leaders and innovators under the age of 25 who have made substantive positive impact on society. This initiative was launched on July 16th, 2015 by Mr. Vimal Shah.
Entrepreneurship Mentors Programme (EMP)
A pilot programme on best practices in entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and innovation management,case method frameworks was launched by H.E Jack Raguma, Governor for the County of Kisumu and the National Chamber of Commerce.
Women in Finance, Entrepreneurship and Leadership (Wi-FEL): 16th September, 2015
The role of Women in Finance, Entrepreneurship and Leadership which brought together ladies from different sectors of economy.
Techno Brain, an ICT solution provider
Under this partnership our curriculum will meet industry demands, addressing the growing shortage of ICT skills in East Africa. Lastly, our students will be equipped with international skills and certification which will enable them to work anywhere in the World.
International Graduate School of Accounting and Policy, Tohoku University
KCA University entered into strategic partnership with the premier Tohoku University Japan. This vital partnership will give us capacity to develop the first Graduate School of Accounting and Economic Management in Africa. The students will receive double degrees one from Tohoku University and the other one from KCA University.
Graduate Business School, University of Cape Town
We got into collaboration studies with Graduate Business School, University of Cape Town to offer a unique Masters degree in Development Finance. The programme will enable students to take classes in Kenya, South Africa and Europe.
ZIBAT Institute in Denmark
We entered an agreement with ZIBAT Institute in Denmark to expose our faculty to World Class
pedagogical approaches to teaching.
Galilee Institute in Israel
We entered into an agreement with Galilee Institute in Israel to offer Executive MBA and Higher Education Administration. These programs will enable our students to take classes in Kenya, Israel and Eastern Europe. Today, Israel is the first business start up nation in the World
Barrack Obama International Business and Cultural Centre
The University has created the Barrack Obama International Business and Cultural Centre. The
Centre will serve a dual role; to help our local businesses become more competitive in doing
international business and on the other hand it will equip international business with African culture.
Stockholm Business School in Sweden and Babson College Boston
The University has also entered into agreement with Stockholm Business School in Sweden and Babson College in Boston to expand our entrepreneurship program.
Our alumni include various Cabinet Ministers, members of Parliament and Memebrs of County
Assemblies (MCAs), entrepreneurs, and entertainers . The university's 15,000 alumni enjoy the
benefits of a vibrant network worldwide, facilitated by the Alumni Association of KCA
Here we share a few of the many contributions made by KCAU graduates over the years.
1. David Kuria Kamau, MBA Corporate Management 2012, Founder and CEO - Ecotact
2. Louis Openda, BSc IT Artificial Intelligence 2011, Founder - Intellisoft Plus
3. Cyrus Mulinge, Founder/ CEO - Emerging Frontier Capital
4. John Oketch, CPA K 2010, Finance Manger - Believers Destiny Academy in Botswana
5. Nick Mwendwa, Diploma in IT, 1997, President, Football Kenya Federation (FKF) 2016